This year we are keeping it simple and fresh. Minimalist fashion and beauty are in for 2021. I am personally loving the laid-back attitude we are taking toward beauty. Comfortable clothing, an emphasis on skincare, DIY home hair colour and manicures are hot on the list of casual spring trends for 2021.
The Trend #1 Fresh glossy looking hair
This year we are steering away from overcomplicated balyage and highlights, and we are sticking to glossy solid colours.
We have had to navigate a lot by ourselves in terms of our hair over the past year. I personally had no idea that I was so dependent on my hairdresser until I had to do it myself. I have very basic long dark brown hair that doesn’t require much maintenance yet I still long for my hairstylist. Having said that, this past year led me to understand just how much I enjoy getting a colour refresh!
The good news is that we can achieve amazing at home hair colour with Clairol!
Clairol’s Natural Instincts:
has been a complete lifesaver for me and my hair during this pandemic. The colour is quick and easy to apply and delivers up to 28 washes of shiny fresh and fabulous hair.
- This at home colour comes in 38 stunning shades and is formulated from 80% naturally derived ingredients.
- The formula is paraben, ammonia free and is enriched with nourishing coconut and soothing alo!
- Fade away your greys, boost shine and get your hair ready for spring.
- Clairol offers a variety of at home hair colour options as well as incredible root touch up formulas.
You can shop the products here:
Keeping in line with the glossy, healthy hair trend for Spring 2021.
Treat your hair and scalp with Moroccan Oil’s scalp treatments:
Moroccan oil has relaunched their dry and oily scalp treatments just in time for spring!
We use skincare to nourish the skin on our face why not treat your scalp as well? Treating your scalp to one of these incredible treatments will help you to achieve your healthiest hair yet.
With the season changing, scalp care is a top priority. It’s easy to forget that naturally beautiful, healthy-looking hair starts at the scalp.
- Use the Dry Scalp Treatment as the perfect remedy for a dry, itchy scalp with its soothing blend of geranium, lavender and Vitamin E. This treatment nourishes and hydrates the scalp for shiny, rich hair.
- Maintain scalp balance and control excess production with the Oily Scalp Treatment. Derived from a powerful ginger root and biotin complex, this formula is perfect for renewing the scalp and leaving the hair cleansed and lustrous.
- Both pre-cleansing formulas are easy to use and infused with the signature Moroccanoil argan oil to keep the scalp healthy, and hair shiny and smelling wonderful. Scalp care is self care!
Shop the scalp treatments here:
I can’t wait to hear which colour and treatment you decide on to get your hair Spring 2021 ready!
The trend #2 Solid Colour Manicures
In line with a more minimalist and casual approach to beauty this year Kiss Products has launched their impress Colour Manicure in solid colours. No bling or accents!
Giving yourself an at home manicure has never been easier! imPRESS Color Press-On Manicure is the perfect solution to all of your at home manicure needs no matter your nail length.
imPRESS Solid Colour Manicures:
- NEW Solid Colors have no bling, no accents; they come in the most popular hues and in as many fashion-forward shades as nail polish
- PureFit Technology for a super slim and super comfortable fit
- Patented SuperHold Adhesive for a long lasting wear
- No glue needed. Easy to apply.
- No dry time, chip proof, waterproof, smudge-free
- Hassle-free removal. No damage to your natural nails.
- Lasts for days
Availability: Walmart, London Drugs & imPRESSmanicure.com for $10.99
We can finally achieve salon worthy nails in no time at all with these gorgeous new options from imPRESS.
Trend #3 Comfortable and stylish loungewear
Do I really have to elaborate on this ? I can’t imagine a world where the term loungewear is not in our vocabulary. Comfortable and stylish is here to stay throughout 2021!
Sympli is the answer to all of our lounge wear needs. A Canadian fashion label with the perfect WFH / loungewear essentials. Inspired by confident women who are constantly exploring and evolving in all areas of life, Sympli designs timeless pieces with a slight edge. Comfort-with-a-twist, easy-care, easy wear with the utmost highest standards of fabric is what Sympli is all about.
- A Canadian leisurewear fashion label created by women, for women
- Sympli pieces are super comfortable, easy to care for and are great quality
- Is the perfect closet staple for work from home wear – all of the pieces look chic on, which is great for daily zoom calls, while also providing the ultimate comfort of loungewear
- Each Sympli piece is versatile and can be worn in so many different ways – you can create a ton of outfits using just a few pieces
- Sympli just launched their new Spring collection, which includes a number of great pieces, perfect for transitioning your work from home fashion for the warmer weather!
- You can see other Sympli products, and shop the clothing, at Sympli.com
Here are just a few of their pieces that you need for Spring 2021
Georgette Whisper Long Kimono
- Such a fun, elegant kimono
- This kimono features wide sleeves and a fuller body and is the perfect throw on and go-anywhere style.
Sleeveless Trapeze Dress
- This dress is the ultimate comfy dress which is perfect to throw on during the summer and easy to layer for the evenings or during the cooler months.
Jersey Narrow Rapt Pant
- This pant is a super comfortable flowy pant that has beautiful wrap-over detailing, complete with a comfortable yoke waistband
- These pants are extremely versatile and can be worn day and night
Sleeveless Nu Ideal Tunic
- This classic, flattering Nu Ideal Tunic is sleeveless with a high boat neckline and dramatic side slits. Perfect for layering yet a strong statement piece to wear on its own
- Comes in neutral colours as well
Georgette Whisper Sleeveless Double Layer Dress
- This dress can be worn 4 different ways. It has reversible necklines and is made of 2 fabrics – Sympli’s signature Jersey and Georgette
- The dress is maxi length there is a jersey layer knee length option available
Shop the Sympli Website Here:
Trend #4 Healthy Glowing Skin
Cerave Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum is the must have skincare product of the season.
We are steering away from heavy makeup looks and focusing on fresh glowing skin. This makes sense considering healthy glowing skin equals fresher looking makeup. Investing in a vitamin C serum this season is a must.
- Vitamin C enhances skins radiance and evens out uneven skin tone.
- Cerave’s skin renewing serum amplifies your glow as well as improves skin texture and enhances hydration.
- Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum features 10% pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid).
- Antioxidant visibly brighten the complexion and promote more even skin tone.
- This potent yet gentle lightweight vitamin C serum is formulated with three essential ceramides, hyaluronic acid and soothing vitamin B5 to help improve texture restore the skin’s protective barrier and enhance hydration for soft, radiant, healthy-looking skin.
Shop Your Vitamin C Here:
Let’s Spring Forward
I hope you enjoyed this round up of casual spring trends for 2021. What trends will you be embracing for Spring/Summer 2021?
To read more about acids in your skincare routine check out this post: Skincare Acid Guide
Shop The Post: