Tip #1 Cream Makeup Products:
New Foundation – If your foundation is over 2 years old it’s time to toss. It will probably look separated and the colour will have oxidized. Your skin type may have changed over the past couple years too. Keep that in mind when replacing foundation and concealer.
My Recommendation: COVERGIRL Clean Fresh Skin Milk Foundation. This foundation is ideal for the cooler months because it is so hydrating. Loved by everyone this must have foundation went Viral on TikTok because of the gorgeous coverage it offers along with the your skin but better finish.
Buy yours here: COVERGIRL Clean Fresh Skin Milk Foundation
New Concealer -Much like our foundation concealers must be replaced every 18 months to 2 years because they lose their moisture and will look extremely dry and cakey when trying to blend it.
My Recommendation: Rimmel London Multi Tasker Concealer. A multi-benefit concealer! Apply on targeted areas; conceal blemishes, brighten dark circles and cover imperfections to even out skin tone. The buildable formula makes this the perfect product for full coverage or just enhancing targeted areas. Use different shades to contour.
Buy yours here: Rimmel London Multi Tasker Concealer
New Lipstick – Lipsticks lose their moisture and can start to grow mould after 2 years. Time to invest in some new ones 🙂 Glossy and hydrating lipsticks are all the rage now. Ditch the drying longwear lipsticks and go for hydrating formulas.
My Recommendation: Bare Minerals Hydra Smoothing Lipstick. A clean, mineral-infused, vegan lipstick with minimal ingredients that delivers double hydration and two-times-richer color.
Buy yours here: Bare Minerals Hydra Smoothing Lipstick
Tip #2 Powder Makeup products:
New Blush: Blush will start to get very dry and patchy after the 2-3 year mark. Opt for a new blush that is close to your natural lip colour. This is the best way to pick out your perfect blush shade.
My Recommendation: Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush. A compact of two universally flattering pink nude blushes—the original Pillow Talk and new Pillow Talk Intense will make your cheeks glow.
Buy yours here: Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush
New Eyeshadow Palette : Eyeshadows become difficult to apply and blend when they start to turn. Go ahead and invest in a new neutral eyeshadow palette so that you can achieve beautiful blended eyeshadow looks.
My Recommendation: The New Instant Eye Palette – Smokey Eyes Are Forever from Charlotte Tilbury – Not only is it stunning to look at it has everything we need to create gorgeous neutral and smokey eye looks that will take us from work to drinks with the girls and of course holiday parties 🙂 I also love that it has a mix of matte and creamy metallic shadows.This palette will serve us well beyond the fall and winter.
Buy yours here : Instant Eye Palette
Tip #3 Skincare:
Skincare products will no longer be effective after the 18 month mark.
New Moisturiser: Check the expiry date and do the smell test.
My Recommendation: Cerave Moisturizing Cream
- Developed with dermatologists for normal to dry skin (even the more sensitive ones!) and approved by the Canadian Dermatology Association
- Formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II), whose absorption through the skin is optimized for 24h thanks to the patented MVE complex and hyaluronic acid. This ensures that it can help deeply nourish and restore skin’s natural protective barrier gently enough for both kids and grown-ups!
- Can be used on face and body, and great for targeting dry areas
- Cerave is affordable, reliable, versatile (products can be used on face and body), and easy to use (for grown-ups and kids!)
Buy yours here: Cerave Moisturizing Cream
New Serum: If it’s over 18 months old it’s time to upgrade because the active ingredients will no longer be effective.
My Recommendation: Cerave Vitamin C Serum
Developed with dermatologists. The first clinically proven antioxidant serum to help restore a compromised skin barrier improving the signs of aging.
- This serum contains 10% pure vitamin C (L-Ascorbic acid) to visibly brighten and even the look of skin. Along with all the ingredients you already know and love from CeraVe including ceramides and MVE technology.
- Potent, yet gentle and lightweight, CeraVe’s vitamin C serum will hydrate and brighten skin. It will improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles too.
- $29.99/30 ml
Buy yours here: Cerave Vitamin C Serum
Thanks for reading, I hope this answered your question; does makeup expire?
I hope this answered the answer to your question; does makeup expire? if you enjoyed this post you’ll love this one too: Must have fall beauty products.
Let me know which products you decide to pick up.