There are a few different skin types and finding the right skincare can be tricky. Here are my favourite skin care products for your skin type.
First off for everyone! hydration and keeping our body hydrated is key! We are made up of 70% water and the skin being our largest organ benefits greatly from detoxing when we drink water. Leaving it more radiant and healthy. When our skin is happy and hydrated our skin care actually works more efficiently for us.
FLOW WATER IS IDEAL TO KEEP YOU HYDRATED:
- It comes in environmentally friendly recyclable packaging.
- And the delicious all-natural calorie free flavours make it the perfect drink instead of sugary fizzy pops.
- Why not try a 10-day challenge and switch out pop for water to see the results?
Now on to skin care :
DRY DEHYDRATED SKIN
- Characteristics of this skin type are flakey skin, dull and fine lines due to dehydration and typically more sensitive.
This is actually my skin type and I joke around saying that it’s my part time job trying to keep my skin hydrated.
The Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance :
is by far the most hydrating and nourishing cleanser and moisturizer combo I have ever encountered it was formulated to nourish dry depleted skin.
The moisturizer is outstanding! Enriched with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera it really locks in hydration to help enhance the skin’s moisture content and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
The cleanser is unlike anything I have ever used before and I can not get enough! It’s creamy texture nourishes the skin like nothing else. It has coconut and murmuru seed butter in it which really leaves the skin feeling silky and soft.
These products are also fragrance free so they won’t irritate your skin if you are sensitive.
Visit the Dermalogica website to try these for yourself : Dermalogica.com
Acne is particularly present in our teen years due to hormonal changes.
Finding the right skin care to help combat acne without drying and stripping your skin can be a big challenge.
The Rodan and Fields 2 step Spotless regimen is outstanding!
It’s only 2 steps which is great and is designed to effectively combat the entire acne cycle for teens and young adults.
- It features ground breaking technology that prevents acne bacteria and deeply penetrates pores to fight existing breakouts and prevent new ones from forming.
- The clinical studies for this system are remarkable 87% of teens experienced a reduction in blemish size and visible redness in one day.
- This fast-acting formula treats the acne under the surface to prevent it from forming, resulting in clear, smooth, healthy-looking skin and the confidence that comes with it.
They also have unblemish which is their adult acne regimen.
Available from Rodan and Fields.com
Oily skin is characterised by an over production of sebum (oil). Oily skinned individuals will have an oily Tzone.
It is still crucial to moisturise and nourish your skin because drying it can actually lead to producing more oil.
Opt for a gel moisturizer for an oilier skin Type. Marcelle’s hydractive gel cream is perfect for oily skin types. Because it’s a water based formula it absorbs into the skin effortlessly.
Gel moisturizers are a lot more sheer than a typical thick cream which will enable you to moisturize your skin and without feeling greasy.
Try one out ! Available at Shoppers Drugmart for $26
Combination skin means you are very dry in on parts of your face and oily in others.
The Jouviance 3 in1 3D action is Perfect for combination skin because it’s a day, night and under eye cream in one which means you don’t have to overload your face with product. You will be able to nourish any dry areas while not overloading the oilier areas.
This amazing moisturiser smoothes, plumps and brightens the skin.
It’s Sheer texture will penetrate deeply into your skin which is perfect for an oilier tzone as I mentioned above.
No Skincare routine is complete without an SPF
Lastly, we must all use an SPF! If we are going to do one thing for our skin, then SPF it is.
I have found the holy grail of SPF and I am so excited to share it with you!
The AlumierMD their sheer hydration broad spectrum SPF:
is unlike anything else I have ever used before.
- Chemical Free
- 100% physical
- Mineral based broad spectrum sunscreen
- Not greasy and does not leave a white residue on the skin at all!
- It is also available in a very sheer tint option
Seriously though everyone needs this SPF ! Get one for yourself here : AlumierMD
Hopefully this helps you navigate the correct Skin Care for your Skin Type 🙂 What is your skin type and what skincare do you use ?
You can see me talking about these products in my latest Segment :