Spring is springing which means upgrading our beauty routines and adding some new fun products to the mix. I love a good luxury product, but if I am being totally honest some drugstore products are as good if not better than their high end rivals. Let’s dive into my spring beauty products – luxury vs drugstore.
Spring Beauty Upgrade #1 FOUNDATION
When it comes to foundations especially as I mature I find that high end formulas perform better on my skin. My skin is dry and I do have fine lines and I don’t want to accentuate any of that with my foundation. In light of my age and skin type I splurge on foundations and it’s absolutely money well spent!
This spring my foundation of choice is the:
Gucci Éternité De Beauté 24 Hour Full Coverage Luminous Matte Finish Foundation
This foundation is definitely a splurge coming in at $88 but it is DIVINE.
I literally use one pump and it is enough for my entire face so I know it will last all spring and summer.
It’s perfect for the warmer months because:
- It is long wearing so you don’t have to worry about it melting off in the heat.
- It has a luminous matte finish which means it is perfect for all skin types. It’s not drying and it’s not overly glowy.
- It’s enriched with hyaluronic acid. If you do have a more mature skin type this foundation will lock in moisture and have you looking fresh all day.
- Available in 40 stunning shades.
Spring Beauty Upgrade #2 FRAGRANCE
Splurge! There is nothing better than a luxurious seasonal perfume
The New Marc Jacobs Daisy Paradise Limited Edition
Is the must have fragrance of the season! Even the bottle screams spring.
Spring Beauty Upgrade #3 LIP PRODUCTS
Save your money!
When switching up your lip products for the season go drugstore. There are so many amazing budget friendly lip products available to us. I 100% recommend going the drugstore route.
Unless there is a shade or formula you absolutely can not live without less expensive lippies are the way to go.
A product I can not get enough of and feel that everyone should have for spring is the
Covergirl Clean Fresh Yummy Gloss
- It wears like a high end lip oil.
- It’s infused with hyaluronic acid and antioxidants which will have your lips feeling nourished and hydrated.
- The formula is not sticky at all.
- They smell amazing and fruity but not overwhelming.
- A variety of shades which are PERFECT for spring.
- Luxurious doe foot applicator and the list goes on.
My advice is to buy a bunch for spring so that you can keep them in every purse and in your car to make sure your lips are always spring ready.
Spring Beauty Upgrade #4 NAILS
Save! Nails are huge for spring but getting your nails done every couple weeks can come with a hefty price tag.
Enter the new Sally Hansen Salon Effects Perfect Manicure Press-on Nails
These press on nails have been a game changer for me. They are so easy to use and are literally a fraction of the cost of going to the salon every time you have an event – Mother’s Day, Wedding Season, Graduation, Prom, Birthdays, Stagettes, etc.
The colour selection, nail shapes and design options are stunning!
For $11 you really can’t go wrong. They are:
- Easy to use and come with everything you need to ensure a seamless application.
- Available in a variety of trendy colours and designs.
- Will save you so much time and money.
Spring Beauty Upgrade # 5 BLUSH
Blush is one of the easiest ways to update your makeup routine for spring. And thanks to Rimmel London we can refresh our blush for under $10 with their Maxi Blushes.
The Rimmel London Maxi Blush
- Natural, healthy glow and is perfect for any skin type
- Available in 4 shades
- Long-lasting, highly pigmented formula
- Blends easily into skin
Thanks for stopping by and happy spring! I hope you found my breakdown of Spring Beauty Products – Luxury vs Drugstore helpful.
If you liked this post you’ll also like this one: