Of course, there’s nothing better than spending time outdoors in the sun. Which means it’s time to start slathering on the sunscreen before leaving the house. But before we head out into the sun I am going to break down which sunscreens are best for everyone in your family.
How do we practice safe sun for the whole family with varying skincare needs?
Here are my top recommendations:
Women in their 30’s and 40’s will want to use sun care products that have anti-aging properties while also preventing sun damage.
Neostrata Matrix Support with Sunscreen
The PERFECT anti-aging powerhouse sun protection. This high protection day cream provides broad-spectrum protection with SPF 30. If used as directed with other sun protection, it decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
The Matrix Support targets skin’s hydrating matrix to boost its firmness and reduces the look of fine lines & wrinkles. Keeps skin smoother, brighter & healthier-looking.
Men typically have thicker skin and tend to get sweaty when working out, gardening and enjoying time in the sun. Water resistant sport options are the best option for keeping the men in our life safe in the sun.
Coppertone Sport Mineral Face and Body Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
- Mineral sun protection* ideal for outdoor activities
- With 100% mineral zinc
- Stays on strong when you sweat
- Sweat and water resistant for up to 80 minutes
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with SPF 50
- Fragrance-free and hypoallergenic, ideal for sensitive skin
- Free of oxybenzone, octinoxate, PABA, parabens, dyes & fragrances
*Mineral UVA/UVB protection with 100% naturally sourced zinc oxide as the active ingredient. Use as directed.
Children are particularly sensitive to the sun as their skin isn’t acclimatized to it and in general their skin is more sensitive. Heat rashes and reactions to SPF are common.
That’s why using products that cater to their delicate skin with gentler formulations are ideal.
And of course finding a product that is easy to apply is a huge bonus.
Pure & Simple Kids & Baby Spray SPF50 from Coppertone are the only sunscreens we use for my kids because they are easy to apply and are mineral based which means no harsh chemicals.
Coppertone Pure & Simple Kids and Babies offer:
- Gentle mineral protection for babies and kids’ sensitive skin
- With 100% mineral zinc
- Proven protection in a convenient, easy to rub in spray
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with SPF50
- Tear-free no hassle application
- Water resistant up to 80 minutes
- Free of oxybenzone, octinoxate, PABA, parabens, dyes and fragrances
For Grandparents and Pregnant Women:
Mature skin has a tendency to be sensitive and become aggravated by chemical and fragranced formulas. Same applies to women who are pregnant. Mineral-based sunscreens that are chemical-free with a natural zinc base work wonderfully for more mature skin and women who are experiencing sensitivities due to hormonal changes.
Burt’s Bees Sensitive Solutions Day Lotion SPF 30
More Reasons To Love Burt’s Bees Sensitive Solutions Day Lotion SPF 30
- Dermatologist approved
- Improves moisture barrier while soothing visible redness and irritation.
- Aloe vera and rice will soothe skin and calm redness.
- Nutrient-rich with 75 vitamins and minerals. 16.9% zinc, Broad spectrum SPF 30
- Available for $30.00 Canadian at Shoppers, Amazon, Well.ca
Something to consider:
Another concern among the aging population is thinning hair and getting burned on the scalp where melanoma can occur. My top tip is to invest in a spray on sunscreen. If your skin is too sensitive for this no worries pop on a stylish hat and enjoy your time outdoors.
Sun care Essentials Everyone Needs in Their Beach Bag.
If like me you are constantly on the go you need these sun care essentials in your purse or beach bag at all times. They make reapplying your SPF quick easy and dare I say it fun. I can’t live without these unique and handy products from Sun Bum. I use them on myself, my kids and hubby enjoys them too.
Sun Bum Mineral Face Stick SPF 50
This Mineral based SPF 50 stick from Sun Bum makes reapplying your SPF on the go so easy and convenient. Tots, teens and grandparents love this convenient SPF 50 stick.
More reasons to love Sun Bums handy SPF 50 stick:
- Fragrance Free mineral sunscreen formula in a travel friendly glide-on stick
- Broad Spectrum 50 protection
- Hypoallergenic, cruelty free, vegan.
Sun Bum SPF 45 Face Mist
Sun Bums SPF 45 Sunscreen Face Mist my daily go-to. It delivers sheer, lightweight protection from harmful UV rays and works wonderfully on top of makeup too 😉
More reasons to love this SPF:
- Enriched with witch hazel
- Paraben free, gluten free, vegan, dermatologist tested, non-comedogenic.
I hope my sun care recommendations come in handy.
Enjoy the rest of your summer !
Shop the products in this post: