Being a mom to a newborn is magical. But at the same time it’s probably the most stressful time in a woman’s life. You are in most cases sleep deprived, running on empty and have little to no time for yourself. I had my second daughter 3 months ago and trust me when I say I am feeling all of the above 😐 My under eyes perpetually look exhausted. My lips are dry and dehydrated in a nut shell new mom life can leave us feeling a little blah. Today I am sharing 6 of my must have new mom beauty products.
- Under eye patches are my best friends when it comes to perking up my tired under eyes in the mornings.
- I apply these cute little whale patches under my eyes before I brush my teeth and enjoy the extra hydration they provide while I make my morning coffee etc.
- Not only are they ADORABLE but they are also infused with Hyaluronic acid to add a boost of moisture and hydration to the under eye area.
Grab yours from Shoppers Drugmart
Keep your under eye patches in the fridge for an extra refreshing treat. The cold under eye patch will help depuff and wake up sleepy under eyes.
This magic all in one skin tint is the most incredible product I have graced my face with in years. I just love how healthy and fresh it has my skin looking during the postpartum period.
- A color-correcting, medium-coverage skin tint formulated with brightening glow serum and SPF 40 that delivers an immediate, visibly healthy glow.
- It delivers the perfect amount of coverage, gives your skin a fresh dewy finish and is an SPF 40!
- Talk about the ideal one and done product for new moms and busy women in general.
I don’t know what it is about having a newborn that leads to constant dry lips. I hope I am not alone with this but my goodness the dehydrated lips are something else.
Having a lip balm handy at all times of the day is a staple for me.
- This 3 pack from EOS is perfect for new moms because you can have a lip balm handy in your purse, diaper bag, next to your bed and wherever else you feel you need to stash a lip balm.
- I also love that they are made from 100% USDA certified organic shea butter so that I can kiss my baby and not have to worry about harsh chemicals transferring.
- Lastly the flavours in this pack are amazing! Sweet mint, strawberry sorbet and vanilla bean.
Hand sanitizer isn’t the most exciting product out there but I love having this in my diaper bag while I am out and about. It keeps my hands bacteria free minus the use of harsh chemicals. And as I mentioned above my skin is feeling severely dry right now and this Baby Bum formula is ideal because it’s formulated with gentle ingredients.
I can also use it on my older daughter which is great because her hands are ALWAYS sticky.
- Plant-derived alcohol made from sugar cane
- Non-drying, leaves skin soft and germ-free
- Aloe, Cucumber, Banana, White Ginger, Gardenia, Passionflower – emollient tropical extracts help to replenish and hydrate all skin types
- Monoi Coconut Oil – Tiare flower petals are collected by hand, then infused into coconut oil to create this coveted Tahitian oil that keeps skin smooth and moisturized
- Vegan, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, Hypoallergenic
- Paraben Free, Phthalate Free, Plant Based, Sulfate Free, Dye Free, pH balanced, Silicone Free
- Dermatologist Tested
This Baby Bum Mineral SPF 50 is a product I never leave the house without. SPF is so important when it comes to protecting sensitive postpartum skin from the sun. This convenient spray applicator makes reapplying so easy while out and about with baby.
I also make sure to apply it to the tops of my hands while pushing my stroller around.
Because it is a 100% mineral based fragrance free SPF I can apply it to my infant and 8 year old as well making it an incredibly versatile must have!
- 100% Mineral Based Protection – Applies and absorbs easily with a non-oily feel.
- Coconut Oil, Shea & Cocoa Butter – Restorative oils and rich butters that nourish and hydrate the skin.
There are a couple other makeup products that I do think new moms can benefit from such as a concealer and blush but when it really comes down to it Mascara is my favourite product for making me feel like I look more awake and alive.
This mascara from Caliray was a fluke purchase I loved the colourful packaging and decided to give it a try. The results have been overwhelming and it’s probably one of the most smudge and budge proof mascaras I have ever used. And that’s saying a lot!
If you follow me on instagram you can watch a review that will help you understand why I can’t get over this formula.
View this post on Instagram
I also love that the packaging is made from 100% recycled ocean plastic.
If you know a new mom or mom to be share this post with her 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that my favourite new mom beauty products make you feel a little more fabulous while getting through the new born stages.
Shop the products in this article: